The Arizona Trauma Association, formerly AZTrACC, was started by a group of surgeons in 2007 to improve the delivery of health care to injured patients throughout the state of Arizona by supporting collaborative research, education and outreach activities of trauma centers in the state of Arizona.
Mission, Values, Vision
Mission: To improve the delivery of health care to injured patients throughout the state of Arizona.
- Integrity: We are committed to imbed professional standards throughout our activities.
- Collaboration: We believe in the cooperative development of our service, research and education programs.
Vision: We will develop a seamless state-wide program to provide care for the injured patient that will involve all injured patient caregivers and their service sites.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of a single representative of each of the participating trauma centers in the State of Arizona. They are responsible for maintaining the mission, values and vision of the Arizona Trauma Association (ATA). The Chairman of the Board is the President of ATA and is typically a non-voting member.
Charles Hu, MD, MBA, FACS, HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
- Vice President:
Joseph Sucher, MD, FACS, HonorHealth John C Lincoln Medical Center
Brian Coates, DO, Flagstaff Medical Center/Banner University of Arizona – Tucson
Michelle Guadnola, RN, Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Immediate Past President:
Alicia J. Mangram, MD, FACS HonorHealth John C Lincoln Medical Center
- Abrazo West Valley Hospital:
Patrick J O’Neill, PhD, MD, FACS
- Kingman Regional Medical Center
Heather Miller, BSN, RN, CEN
- Chandler Regional Medical Center:
Asser Youssef, MD, FACS
- Flagstaff Medical Center:
Bill Ashland, RN
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center:
G. Paul Dabrowski, MD, FACS
- Havasu Regional Medical Center:
Mathew “Josie” Edevettal, MD
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital:
Ramin Jamshidi, MD
- West Valley Hospital
Vafa Ghaemmaghami, MD, FACS
- Southwest Trauma & Acute Care Symposium (STACS) Chairs:
David Notrica, MD, FACS, FAAP
Jordan Weinberg, MD
- Southwest Trauma & Acute Care Symposium (STACS) Co-Chair / Simulcast & Marketing Chair:
Chris K Salvino, MD, MS, MS, MT, FACS
- Fundraising Chairs
Alicia Mangram, MD
Gina Shirah, MD
For more information about the Board of Directors or other ATA leaders, please view our Committees page.